1950 W. Farm Road
Stillwater OK 74078
The mission of the Oklahoma Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory (OADDL) is to promote animal health and the veterinary community through diagnostic testing and consultation services, educational and professional instruction, and animal disease research with a focus on protecting the economic vitality of Oklahoma’s agricultural and livestock industries. This includes regulatory Coggins testing for equine infectious anemia. Their full list of laboratory and diagnostic services includes:
- Necropsy (autopsy) examination
- Full-service gross and microscopic examination with ancillary testing
- Biopsy service
- Short or detailed microscopic reports with special and immunohistochemical staining
- Aerobic and anaerobic culture/sensitivity, bacterial and fungal identification
- Parasite screening, identification and quantitation
- Molecular diagnostics
- PCR, RT-PCR and sequencing for a wide range of viral, bacterial and protozoal pathogens
- Serum neutralization, antigen/antibody ELISA, latex agglutination
The OADDL makes every effort to charge reasonable and transparent fees for their diagnostic services. Funding provided by the State of Oklahoma helps offset a portion of the operating cost. In this context, horse owners and veterinarians will recognize the value of $12 ELISA Coggins testing with turnaround times within a day. You can view their full Fee Schedule as well as available online forms.
The professional staff at the OADDL works closely with OSU’s Center for Veterinary Health Sciences, Boren Veterinary Medical Hospital, and the National Center for Veterinary Parasitology to ensure state-of-the-art veterinary diagnostics. Their ongoing commitment is to provide reliable and timely services to veterinarians, animal owners, and livestock producers. They are also actively involved in the community through client outreach and education with exhibitor booths and an e-newsletter.